Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Here we go!

Hello!  My name is Allison, and I'm in the middle of an existential not quite mid life crisis (sort of).  A bit of background for you:  I just recently moved to New York City and am still trying to find my footing, in short.  The long of it is that I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing with my life.  I've got two college degrees, a (fantastic) boyfriend, two cats and a dog, yet I feel like I have nothing that I'm truly proud of.  Maybe its societal pressure, maybe its familial pressure, or perhaps its all made up and I just think there is something missing.  What I do know is that one month before my 30th birthday I feel like I have miles and miles to go.  This blog is more or less acting as a journal for me (since I always seem to lose my journals), while I go through this process of finding that something that I am looking for.  I hope this will be a forum for me to experiment with ideas, find a calling, collect my thoughts, vent about everyday frustrations, etc etc.  Above all else, I just want a place all to myself that I can ramble on about whatever I want to, and maybe someone will see it and say, "hey, me too!"  For now, its just me, some wine, and my thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment